Payroll Supervisor - Windsor, CT
Description: The payroll supervisor is responsible for the management of the day to day activities of the payroll operations including but not limited to, procedures, compliance, supporting the payroll team, establishing, delivering and monitoring service level commitments, delegation of day to day work request. He/she will also provide strategic direction, implementing best practices, setting operational policies, ensuring payroll compliance, providing value ad information to internal and external requests.
- Advocates change in the payroll functional area as it pertains to policies and procedures, business process improvements and leveraging current technology to its maximum potential
- Ensuring Payroll compliance and communication of deficiency
- Ensuring federal, state, and local taxes, social security contributions, employee benefit contributions, fringe benefits, garnishments and other deductions to ensure accuracy of employee paychecks
- Evaluate and implement appropriate payroll policies and controls for payroll processing and incorporate process improvements to increase efficiency and ensure data integrity
- Manage union payrolls on construction related projects and provide union related reports
- Experience with construction or project related environment
- Manage 3rd party relationships with vendors
- Approval of all payrolls and internal payroll controls
- Provide standardization where appropriate
- Supervise payroll staff, develop their abilities, maximize their capability and potential
- Interact with other departments and employees with professionalism with an emphasis on a high level of customer service
- Certified payroll for union employees and OCIP reporting
- Workers Compensation and Payroll related audits
Bachelor’s in related field or equivalent work experience; 4-6 years experience successfully demonstrated payroll experience with payroll and timekeeping applications, 2-3 years of supervisor experience, Union payroll experience is REQUIRED; ADP certified payroll specialist or Certified Payroll Professional preferred, experience with ADP is REQUIRED; Must have experience working with multi-state payroll; Strong analytical & math skills, task and detail oriented, organizational skills, ability to work independently but also an effective group leader, strong interest in learning and developing a payroll department to an exceptional level.
Assistant Project Manager - Windsor, CT
Description: Working under the guidance of a designated Project Manager, assisting the Project Manager coordinate the project team and submissions on a designated curtain wall contract or section of a curtain wall contract.
- Assist the Project Manager in coordinating the in-house project team (designers, engineers, production, assembly, site personnel) for the assigned contract or section of a contract.
- Assist the Project Manager in coordinating the client’s team (project manager, architects, engineers, consultants), to ascertain contract time, cost and quality objectives, and organize project resources accordingly.
- Develop an understanding of the bid and contract documents (trade contract, scope drawings, specification, exhibits, bid pricing and clarifications).
- Assist the Project Manager in developing, tracking, updating and reporting on the detailed project schedule for design, engineering, mockups, production, and installation activities.
- Assist the Project Manager in developing, tracking, updating and reporting on the contract schedule of values and payment requisitions, ensuring the project cash flow is met and payments received in a timely manner.
- Develop and understanding of the contract budget reporting system.
- Assist the Project Manager in coordinating the Quality Management Department; developing, tracking, updating and reporting on the contract quality control and assurance system.
- Assist the Project Manager in the pricing and purchasing of materials, equipment and sub-contracts, ensuring that both budgetary and specified contractual cost, time and quality requirements are met.
- Assist the Project Manager in researching, substantiating, presenting and reporting on changes to the contract scope.
- Attend and take meeting minutes at all required external and internal meetings.
- Assist the Project Manager in providing and submitting all required internal and external contract reports and submissions.
Requirements: Degree or Post Graduate qualification in Construction, Project Management or other construction or production related subject. No experience required in curtain walling projects. Some experience in construction related projects preferred. Graduate position. Be fluent in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Project, with an aptitude to learn any required Permasteelisa in-house software. Have a valid passport and driver’s license due to the need to travel both nationally and internationally. This position is available in the Windsor, CT office.